Gulf Air in Top 10 on-time flights list
Manama, February 10, 2013
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air has been ranked among the top ten global airlines for achieving the highest on-time performance of its flights for January 2013.
Gulf Air is also among the finalists for the 2012 FlightStats On-time Performance Service Awards for the Middle East region, said the Bahraini airline in a statement.
Releasing the list of global airlines’ on time flight punctuality for January 2013, Flightstats, the leader in global flight and airport information services, has ranked Gulf Air at the eighth position with a punctuality rate of 85.21 per cent.
The only other Middle East carrier in the list was Saudi Arabian Airlines at the ninth position.
Flightstats also announced Gulf Air as one of the finalists for the ‘2012 On-time Performance Service Awards’ for the Middle East region. The awards recognize operational excellence in air travel for all commercial carriers globally and regionally.
Gulf Air acting CEO Maher Salman Al Musallam said, "Being ranked among top ten global airlines is a significant milestone for Gulf Air that bears testimony to our on-time performance excellence. Gulf Air has been ranked number one among the Middle East full service airlines throughout last year and we are proud of our consistent achievement of flight punctuality."
"This is an important factor for our customers, particularly our time-conscious business passengers, who have to reach their destinations on-time to conduct their business transactions," said an elated Al Musallam.
To select the finalists, FlightStats examines flight status and arrival data aggregated from global sources including civil aviation authorities, airlines, airports, and major airline reservation systems. The result of the winners will be announced on February 19, said the statement.
FlightStats has been monitoring airlines’ on-time performance since 2004, tracking over 150,000 flights per day, i.e. nearly 80 per cent of all scheduled passenger flights globally, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares