Air Arabia to launch Baghdad flights
Sharjah, February 12, 2013
Air Arabia, a leading low-cost carrier in the region, has announced plans to launch its non-stop services to Baghdad, its fourth destination in Iraq, and 83rd worldwide.
The inaugural flight G90361 will take off to the Iraqi capital on March 10. The thrice-a-week Baghdad flights will be later increased to five weekly services in the coming weeks.
The flights will take off from Sharjah International Airport at 2.30pm and arrive in Baghdad International Airport at 4.10pm. On return, the flights will leave Baghdad at 4.50pm the same day and arrive in Sharjah at 8:05pm (local time).
"Three months since we launched our last destination in Iraq, we are delighted to spread our wings further into the country, with the launch of services to the capital city," said Adel Ali, the Group CEO of Air Arabia.
“Iraq is a market of focus for Air Arabia and today’s announcement further reiterates the commitment that we place on serving the Iraqi market,” he added.
With an approximate population of 7.3 million, Baghdad remains an important city to connect to from Sharjah.
With the launch of the new service, Air Arabia will now operate 23 weekly services to Iraq, making it one of the growing markets for the carrier. In addition to Baghdad, Air Arabia currently offers non-stop services to Basra, Erbil, and Najaf.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct