Air Arabia to launch Baghdad flights
Sharjah, February 12, 2013
Air Arabia, a leading low-cost carrier in the region, has announced plans to launch its non-stop services to Baghdad, its fourth destination in Iraq, and 83rd worldwide.
The inaugural flight G90361 will take off to the Iraqi capital on March 10. The thrice-a-week Baghdad flights will be later increased to five weekly services in the coming weeks.
The flights will take off from Sharjah International Airport at 2.30pm and arrive in Baghdad International Airport at 4.10pm. On return, the flights will leave Baghdad at 4.50pm the same day and arrive in Sharjah at 8:05pm (local time).
"Three months since we launched our last destination in Iraq, we are delighted to spread our wings further into the country, with the launch of services to the capital city," said Adel Ali, the Group CEO of Air Arabia.
“Iraq is a market of focus for Air Arabia and today’s announcement further reiterates the commitment that we place on serving the Iraqi market,” he added.
With an approximate population of 7.3 million, Baghdad remains an important city to connect to from Sharjah.
With the launch of the new service, Air Arabia will now operate 23 weekly services to Iraq, making it one of the growing markets for the carrier. In addition to Baghdad, Air Arabia currently offers non-stop services to Basra, Erbil, and Najaf.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares