AirAsia X’s debut flight to Jeddah takes off
Sepang (Malaysia), February 16, 2013
AirAsia X, a leading long-haul, low-fare airline and affiliate of the AirAsia Group, on Saturday celebrated its inaugural flight to Jeddah from Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur as part of its efforts to promote te Saudi city as the gateway to Makkah and Madinah.
The flight, D7 174, took off from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) at Kuala Lumpur at 4.30pm with 100 per cent passenger load. The flight is bound to arrive at King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Jeddah at 9pm, said a statement from the airline.
To mark the inaugural flight, AirAsia X treated the public at LCCT with kurma giveaways. The guests flying on the debut flight were showered with goodies by AirAsia X’s employees dressed in Arabic attire at the departure hall.
AirAsia X will fly to Jeddah thrice a week which will be increased to four from May onwards, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly twice daily to Kuala Lumpur
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels