Bahrain sees 30pc surge in visitors
Manama, February 19, 2013
The number of visitors who entered or left Bahrain via King Fahad Causeway surged by 30 per cent last month to top 1,824,629 – up from 1,403,565 in January 2012.
The average number of passengers who crossed the causeway every day rose to 58,859 last month, up from 42,276.
“The highest rate was registered on January 24 with 94,305 passengers travelling to and from Bahrain,” King Fahad Causeway organisation deputy chairman Shaikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa said.
Meanwhile, 3,576 trucks left Bahrain and 3,182 arrived in the Kingdom between February 9 and 16. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria