Bahrain sees 30pc surge in visitors
Manama, February 19, 2013
The number of visitors who entered or left Bahrain via King Fahad Causeway surged by 30 per cent last month to top 1,824,629 – up from 1,403,565 in January 2012.
The average number of passengers who crossed the causeway every day rose to 58,859 last month, up from 42,276.
“The highest rate was registered on January 24 with 94,305 passengers travelling to and from Bahrain,” King Fahad Causeway organisation deputy chairman Shaikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa said.
Meanwhile, 3,576 trucks left Bahrain and 3,182 arrived in the Kingdom between February 9 and 16. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest