Etihad wins top Athens Airport award
Dubai, February 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has won the award for ‘Fastest Growing Airline to the Middle East’ at the 2013 Athens International Airport (AIA) Airline Marketing Workshop.
This is the second consecutive year the UAE flag carrier has earned top honours at the event, a statement from Etihad said.
The award recognises the airline’s rapid and successful development over the past twelve months, coupled with delivering the highest quality of service between Greece, the Middle East and beyond.
More than 150 travel managers, human resource directors, facility managers, and travel buyers of medium and large companies involved in the Greek travel management field voted for the award, which was presented at a gala event held at AIA’s Athens headquarters.
Dimitrios Karagkioules, Etihad Airways general manager for Greece, said: “Athens-Abu Dhabi has been a great success for us, it’s a key route, our numbers and load factors continue to perform well, and as we grow, we look forward to connecting this great and ancient city, with ever more points across the globe.”
“Our Greek guests have the highest expectations from the world’s leading airline, and as we celebrate our tenth anniversary, this award is a testament to the hard work, innovation and impeccable service that we deliver.”
Etihad Airways commenced daily operations to and from Athens in June 2009, and since then has carried almost 300,000 travellers on the route.
In its 13th year, the annual AIA workshop has become an important point of reference for all the sectors of the Greek transport and travel industry, including airlines, hotel chains, car rental companies and global distribution systems.
The main topics of this year’s workshop included the impact of the Eurozone economic crisis on the Greek travel industry, and how to stimulate aviation and tourism development, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home