Hilton opens new Sharjah hotel
Sharjah, February 21, 2013
Hilton Worldwide today announced the opening of Hilton Sharjah, the company’s 11th branded hotel in the UAE and its first in the emirate of Sharjah.
The 259-room Hilton Sharjah, a conversion property previously known as Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel, is a visually striking property, ideally positioned on the picturesque Corniche Road and overlooking Sharjah’s biggest lagoon.
The hotel is also a convenient 10 km from Dubai International Airport.
Rob Palleschi, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said: “We’re delighted to open our first Sharjah hotel in such a prime location and at a time when increasing numbers of business and leisure travelers are staying in the Emirate of Sharjah. As a leading worldwide hospitality brand, we are pleased to bring our globally recognized attributes of style, high standards and quality service to this exciting and promising new market.”
Hilton Sharjah will offer guests a wealth of leisure amenities including three swimming pools, state-of-the-art health club with Hilton Precor Fitness Center, two inviting restaurants, a comfortable lobby lounge and a café. The hotel will also support the active and growing business community with seven meeting rooms, a business centre and the city’s premiere ballroom with a capacity of 500.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide Middle East & Africa, said: “Sharjah offers a unique business and leisure opportunity that complements traditional, authentic Emirati culture with the vibrancy of a dynamic industrial and commercial centre. The Emirate is also home to a number of major global events including the annual F1 Powerboat Racing,Sharjah International Book Fair and International Test Cricket matches, all helping to strengthen Sharjah’s growing tourism position in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador