Abu Dhabi wins double honours at ITB
Abu Dhabi, March 10, 2013
Abu Dhabi marked its record-breaking appearance at the ongoing ITB Berlin travel trade fair by scooping double honours in the Cologne Business School show awards.
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which mounted a pavilion shared by 63 stakeholders, took the award for ‘Best Exhibit and Attractions’ recognising the cultural attractions of a calligraphy, henna design and perfumery which proved popular with visitors.
The authority then went on to take the blue-ribbon award of ‘Best of The Best’ after being judged to top all award-winners.
The awards followed a survey of all stands at the show by students from the Cologne Business School which ranked the pavilions on quality of stand construction, information content, service quality as well as friendliness and special effects.
The awards were received on Abu Dhabi’s behalf by TCA Abu Dhabi’s International Promotions executive Anoud Al Khalifa and Mariam Al Shamsi a UAE student who assisted with the perfumery activity at the pavilion.
“It all came as something as a surprise to us as the visit by the assessing students was carried out without us knowing. It is all quite gratifying to know that they were extremely well received, as we hope all our visitors are,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director Promotions & Overseas Offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“The evening came to a climax when our two Emirati girls went up to receive the awards and were given a standing ovation by a packed audience.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc