Jordan to set up $1.3bn hotel complex
Amman, March 11, 2013
An agreement to establish a a multi-purpose complex that includes a 475-room hotel in Amman has been signed by Onyx Investments, Koni Konsultants and Koni Group.
The project, on the Airport Highway, is set to cost around $1.35 billion and will provide 5,600 jobs, a Petra news agency report said.
The hotel will be run by the Hilton Hotels, it said.
The deal was signed during the Jordan-US Business Forum meeting in Amman.
The King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) and SunEdison, a US solar power and renewable energy solutions company, inked an agreement to offer solar energy solutions in the kingdom.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc