Dubai Tourism wins big at ITB Berlin
Dubai, March 11, 2013
Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) won three major awards at the recently concluded International Tourism Bourse (ITB), a global travel and tourism show, in Berlin.
DTCM won, for the third consecutive year, two awards: “Best Representative Office in Germany” and “Most Popular Touristic Destination in the Middle East” from the association “Joa Ashia” that comprises more than 3000 members of tourist promotion bodies, airlines and hotels in Asia and in the region.
Norbert Viverline, the association director, awarded the two prizes to Eyad Abdulrahman, DTCM’s executive director of Media Relations and Business Development.
DTCM also won the award for “Best Promotional Film” provided by “Golden City Gate”, for its eight-minute 2010 film “Defiantly Dubai” - in which Dubai Tourism presented various attractions and facilities including hotels, shopping malls, beaches and heritage places, sports and recreational facilities and airports.
DTCM’s exhibition stage was privileged enough to be visited by many eminent personalities, among them Juma Mubarak Al Junaibi, the UAE Ambassador to Germany, and several embassy luminaries including the Charge d’Affaires.
Many other VIPs also took the opportunity to visit the Dubai pavilion at the fair, including the Mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, who praised the participation of the UAE in general and Dubai in particular for the efforts made to promote relations between the two countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain