Oman plans to add 2,000 hotel rooms in 2013
Muscat, March 25, 2013
Oman expects to open several new hotels and complexes with more than 2,000 resort and hotel rooms to be added in 2013, with Muscat seeing the majority of growth with over 720 new rooms, said a report.
New hotel openings in 2013 include the Fraser Place Sohar which is currently on track to open later on in 2013 and the Azaiba Hotel, Muscat, an $80 million five-star project that is expected to be operational by mid-2013, added the release by Oman Ministry of Tourism.
The Sultanate's expanding hotel portfolio will soon include Four Seasons, Banyan Tree Hotels and Hotel Missoni in Muscat's Jebel Sifah project.
Omran, a leading tourism-related development, hospitality management and investment company in Oman, has recently announced that it has passed the 60 per cent construction mark of its 2,000 metre hilltop luxury project, the Alila Jabal Akhdar Resort, set to open its doors in December. The 110-room Khasab Hotel in Musandam is also set to open towards the end of 2013.
These developments are in addition to boutique hotels that opened in 2012 including the five-star Juweira Boutique Hotel, Salalah Beach, The View and Sahab Hotel in the Jebel Akhdar mountain range and the Jebel Sifah boutique hotel near Muscat.
Following the Sultanate's sustainable tourism model, Omran recently completed the installation and furnishing of ten eco-friendly luxury tents at Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve. The increase in accommodation availability also included the completion of an 800 metre walkway that enables visitors to move from the reserve's Scientific and Visitor Centre to the tents' picturesque location.
The Duqm City Hotel, a 117-room business hotel equipped with comfortable rooms and business amenities, opened its doors at the end of 2012 catering for business travellers with the four-star, 200-room Duqm Crowne Plaza both ideally located from which to visit the Duqm Rock Gardens.
Developments around the Sultanate include a 20-room and 12-villa Cheval Blanc Resort on Sodah Island with private beaches for each unit and a new Crowne Plaza in the Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre precinct both due to be completed by the end of 2015.
The Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, due for completion at the end of 2015, is set to become an iconic landmark for the Sultanate. Surrounded by nature it overlooks a wadi that is a haven for Oman's exotic bird life. The facility is suited to host international, regional and national conventions, exhibitions and business events.
Amongst its features will be a tiered auditorium seating 3,200 people and more than 22,000 square metres of exhibition space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home