Asian markets 'vital for Bahrain aviation'
Manama, March 29, 2013
The average number of passengers passing through Bahrain International Airport (BIA) from 51 destinations has soared to eight million a year of which two million are those travelling from and to Asian countries, said a report.
In a statement issued on a Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) delegation's participation in Routes Asia 2013 in India, BAC vice-president, commercial and marketing, Mohammed Khalil said the team met a number of senior officials from internationally renowned aviation companies where the assets of Bahrain's aviation sector were showcased.
"The event was an ideal networking platform for us. We met representatives from international airlines and delivered a full brief about BIA services provided for airlines and passengers alike.
"The latest statistics on our key markets as well as destinations served were also presented, which provided the participants with a full picture about the business and investment opportunities available in Bahrain," he added.
"The visits confirm the importance of Asian markets to the local aviation industry.
"BIA caters to 38 international airlines, utilising the country's strategic location in the Arabian Gulf and linking between the East and the West."
Routes Asia 2013 brings together more than 500 key players in the airline and airport industry from Asia and Europe for strategic networking on air service development.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc