Emirates Palace plans camel meat event
Abu Dhabi, April 2, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based seven-star luxury hotel Emirates Palace will showcase camel meat during a week-long culinary event, which will feature dozens of dishes prepared with the local delicacy in Le Vendome.
Camel burgers and rich, frothy camelcinnos are already fixtures on the Emirates Palace Le Café menu and have proven quite popular with guests, a statement from the hotel said. From April 14 to 20 guests will be able to taste a wide variety of dishes prepared with the tender meat, which is naturally low in fat and high in protein.
Camel meat has long been served in the UAE as part of celebratory meals and on special occasions. Some local traditions and recent research also contend that camel meat has significant health benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
The chefs at Emirates Palace have used both traditional and innovative preparation methods to create an extensive menu of dishes, which appeal to the taste buds of the diverse palates of UAE residents and international guests.
Some of the dishes planned for the week-long culinary event include camel shawarma, camel stew and a camel roll with pine nut, raisin and halloumi cheese; camel kebabs, brochettes, and steaks; and twists on European classics such as camel scaloppini with spinach and goat cheese and Thai red curry with camel. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai