Oman Air wins best amenity bag award
Hamburg, April 15, 2013
Oman Air, the national carrier of the Sultanate, has won a unique award in recognition of the outstanding quality of its First Class and Business Class amenity kits.
The airline was presented with the TravelPlus Readers Award for the Most Enduring Amenity Bags at last night’s TravelPlus Airline Amenity Bag Awards in Hamburg.
The award was presented by the online magazine’s editor, Simon Ward.
The commendation comes in the wake of Oman Air’s success in the TravelPlus awards over the last two years. In January 2012, it won both the Best First Class Female Amenity Bag and the Best Business Class Unisex Amenity Bag categories, and also received a Highly Commended in the Best First Class Male Amenity Bag category.
In 2011, the airline received the Best First Class Female Amenity Bag award and came second in the Best First Class male Amenity Bag category. In the same year, Oman Air also won the Best Onboard Amenity category in recognition of its pioneering introduction of both mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity on its Airbus A330 fleet.
This year’s awards were held at a special Gala ceremony at the Radisson Blue Hotel, Hamburg, to coincide with the World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo (9-11 April).
The awards, which are designed to recognize those airlines that go the extra mile for their customers, attracted a large number of entries from airlines and suppliers, and competition was fierce, a statement said.
Wayne Pearce, chief executive officer, Oman Air, said: “On behalf of all the staff at Oman Air, I am delighted to receive this unique award in recognition of our efforts to offer the very highest quality of on-board products and services. Year after year, our amenity bags have been recognised by the TravelPlus awards and we are very grateful for their support.”
Simon Ward added: “We would like to congratulate Oman Air for achieving success at the TravelPlus Airline Amenity Bag Awards for the third year running. The airline’s commitment to quality shines through in their amenity kits, which make an important contribution to the premium passenger experience.”
Oman Air’s sumptuous amenity bags offer first and business class travellers a taste of Omani luxury and are filled with a selection of top-of-the-range skin care products from the world-renowned Omani perfumery, Amouage, together with a number of essential toiletries and personal grooming items. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares