Mövenpick Makkah eyes GCC tourists at ATM
Makkah, April 15, 2013
Mövenpick Hotel Makkah is returning to the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) Dubai 2013, a global travel show, for the fourth consecutive year as it launches a new strategic focus targeting GCC travelers.
ATM is running from May 6 to 9 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Headed by general manager Omar Boujlid, the hotel will attend the exhibition as a trade exhibitor alongside parent company Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts.
A delegation of senior executives will present family packages to leading tour operators and general public in the GCC, and revealing Ramadan and Hajj 2013 rates.
The hotel will also offer insights into the strategically important role the property is playing in the Kingdom’s burgeoning religious tourism market, as well as its plans for future growth.
“Every year has been successful for our property’s participation in ATM Dubai, and has led to an increase in business,” said Boujlid.
“ATM Dubai has opened doors for us to meet different operators who play vital roles in promoting the property and Makkah to the right end consumers. We have been doing very well in the GCC market for the last four years, and we aim to increase our market share further by looking for new partners. So we are looking forward to a busy week of appointments with international travel agents and key buyers.”
Mövenpick Hotel Makkah is a 1,200-room property located directly on Al Haram Court, facing the King Abdul Aziz Gate next to the Kaaba.
Spread over 41 floors, the rooms, 17 junior suites and four royal suites feature Oriental design themes and furnishings with Middle Eastern influences, while the upper 21 floors are assigned to The Residence Hajar, with a total of 797 single, double and triple rooms overlooking the city and the Kaaba.
“The UAE is an extremely important market for Mövenpick Hotel Makkah,” said Yasser El Sherbiny, director of Sales & Marketing.
“There has been tremendous growth with the number of tourists from throughout the GCC region throughout last year. With our competitive rates and outstanding service, we can accommodate tailor-made packages for holiday makers and tour operators.
“Our participation this year aims to communicate and strengthen our brand further, and as this exhibition displays the exceptional services we provide our guests, our participation will help insure that we become the top choice for hotels in Makkah,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home