Etihad opens new flagship travel mall
Dubai, April 18, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of UAE, has unveiled the new Etihad Travel Mall, its flagship one-stop travel retail and check-in facility, in Dubai.
Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of the Dubai Aviation Authority and Emirates Group, officially opened the mall during a ribbon cutting ceremony hosted by James Hogan, the airline’s president and CEO.
The mall offers, under one roof, everything guests need to plan, book and travel with the airline, a statement from the airline company said.
Guests will be able to purchase a ticket, check-in for a flight, drop off baggage and board an Etihad Express luxury coach bound for Abu Dhabi International Airport. After checking in at the mall, guests may proceed to immigration and security on arrival at the airport.
The check-in and transport facilities replace the airline’s previous facilities at Chelsea Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. The airline will continue to offer Etihad Express luxury coach service from its existing location at Dubai Marina Mall, the statement said.
“Etihad Airways was established with the mandate to become the best airline in the world. Now, as we approach our 10-year anniversary, an expanded vision is emerging. Etihad Airways is set on a trajectory to go farther and to also become the world’s best travel company,” Hogan said.
“We will continue to look at ways in which we can offer a more seamless, enjoyable experience for our guests and ultimately transform the expectations of air travellers.”
“This new facility is a demonstration of our commitment to our guests within our home market, offering a more comprehensive service with a complete one-stop location for all of their travel needs.”
The mall will also serve as the base for the airline’s Dubai and northern emirates sales teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn