New hospitality institute planned in Bahrain
Manama, April 28, 2013
A dedicated hospitality institute could be set up in Bahrain, which will analyse the overall employment potential in the sector and assess the reasons for low levels of Bahrainisation, a report said.
The Specific Council for Training in Hospitality (SCHT) has appointed KPMG Fakhro to carry out a feasibility study for the project, which will also recommend initiatives to attract more Bahrainis to join the sector, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The plan is to create a high-class training facility that will bring together global tools and teaching methodologies to Bahrain, to ensure Bahrainis are equipped to meet the unique requirements of the sector.
"As the key body responsible for encouraging Bahrainis to join the hospitality sector, we feel a dedicated hospitality-focused institute providing best-in-class training is a key requirement for Bahrain," said SCHT chairman Ebrahim Mustafa Al Kooheji during a signing ceremony to mark the deal.
"This study will provide us with the critical insights required to validate and challenge our thinking."
KPMG Fakhro management consulting partner Nael Nasr welcomed the planned institute, saying Bahrainisation levels in the hospitality sector were only around 17 per cent. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home