Major 'Virtualisation' award for Gulf Air
Manama, April 30, 2013
Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air has been named winner in the 'Virtualisation' category at the Network World Middle East Awards 2013, honouring the airline's on-going technology innovations.
The award, which recognised Gulf Air's high level of IT services that help achieve customer satisfaction and deliver service excellence, was presented to the airline's director of information technology Dr Jassim Haji, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Winning this award demonstrates the success of our efforts in utilising state-of-the-art technology to deliver value to our customers," Dr Haji said.
"Our commitment to Gulf Air's IT development is constant and winning this award reflects Gulf Air's achievements to date, the strength of our team in providing the latest and best technology solutions and proves, once again, the carrier's pioneering and innovative tradition," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc