Flydubai launches service to Dushanbe
Dubai, May 1, 2013
Flydubai, a major low-cost-carrier, inaugurated flights to Dushanbe today with a ceremony in the Tajikistan capital.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, flydubai’s CEO, said: “Today is an exciting day for flydubai as we start operations to our 33rd country. We are pleased to extend our reach in Central Asia and as the first UAE airline serving Dushanbe, look forward to encouraging trade and developing further relations between our countries.”
Operations begin tomorrow; one day after flydubai took delivery of its latest aircraft from the Boeing factory in Seattle. The 737-800 brings the airline’s total fleet to 29 aircraft.
The start of services to Dushanbe ends a busy month for flydubai during which the airline also began flights to Mineralnye Vody, Russia, and the South Sudanese capital, Juba, bringing its operational network to 57 destinations across the Middle East, Southeast Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Central Asia, Subcontinent and North & East Africa.
Flights to Dushanbe operate twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc