Emirates celebrates 20 years of ATM
Dubai, May 2, 2013
Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, returns to the 20th edition of Arabian Travel Market (ATM), which runs from May 6 to 9, with an iconic three-story globe stand.
A pivotal partner of ATM since its inception 20 years ago, Emirates reaffirms its commitment to the region’s foremost travel and trade show.
As with ATM, Emirates has become a remarkable success over the past 20 years, achieving milestones that have contributed to Dubai’s development as an aviation and tourism hub.
“ATM has been a perfect platform to showcase our constant innovation and new initiatives across the Emirates Group, and our partnership in the last 20 years has been a mutually rewarding experience,” said Thierry Antinori, Emirates’ executive VP, Passenger Sales Worldwide.
"Since our last appearance at ATM, we have made great strides in realising our vision of connecting people and cultures alike, and creating meaningful experiences through our “Hello Tomorrow” brand platform which we rolled out last year," he observed.
"In 2012, we saw another unprecedented growth for Emirates – we introduced 15 new destinations to our network; took delivery of 33 new aircraft including 11 A380s and 22 Boeing 777s; and opened Concourse A at Dubai International, the world’s first purpose-built facility for the A380," stated Antinori.
"Just earlier this year, we took another step towards becoming a truly global lifestyle brand with our historic partnership with Qantas – a partnership that will provide the most comprehensive and premium airline experience across one of the best networks in the world," he added.
Emirates, said Antinori, this year returns to ATM with the iconic Emirates globe.
"The spectacular globe will have a striking visual display of 30 60” large screens embedded in the circumference of the globe panels. It will continuously play the bespoke, three-minute “Hello Tomorrow” film throughout ATM at its stand. There will also be interactive digital touchscreens for visitors to experience," he added
The 529-sq m globe features six 40” digital multi-touch screen displays, replacing traditional brochure stands on the outer edges of the platform. These displays invite visitors to vote for their favourite Emirates destinations on an interactive world map.
In addition, Cabin Crew will also be featured on the screens, talking about their recommendations for each destination. The displays will have a direct link to Emirates dedicated social media pages, such as Facebook, its official YouTube channel and Google+.
Visitors to the Emirates stand will also be able to find the latest information on its businesses and initiatives including Skywards, Emirates’ frequent flyer programme; Emirates Holidays, the airline’s tour operating arm; Arabian Adventures, the leading destination management company in the Middle East; and Congress Solutions International, which is a full-service professional congress organiser.
On ATM’s opening day, Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the chairman and chief executive, Emirates Airline & Group will give the opening address at the ATM Seminar – “20 Years: Then, Now and the Future.”
Also on the same day, ATM will present “The Big Conversation” featuring Emirates Airline’s president Tim Clark and Qantas CEO Alan Joyce discussing their vision for the future development of this ground breaking partnership.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall