Marriott executives on ME sales mission
Dubai, May 5, 2013
Marriott International executives from across the globe are set to embark on a global sales mission in the Middle East this month, showcasing the company’s “See The World” campaign.
The initiative highlights Marriott International’s global spread of hotels with senior executives from London, China, Paris, the US and other destinations joining the mission.
Vladimir Dabbah, VP Global Sales, Middle East and Africa said, "The exclusive Global Sales Mission concept epitomises the innovative way of doing business at Marriott. This unique approach helps to maximise the sales efforts and reflects the company’s proactive strategy to strengthen relationships with key customers."
"It is also a step towards, further enhancing our long-term strategic customer relationships in the region – the cornerstone of success at Marriott International whilst demonstrating the company’s commitment to the region," he stated.
Marriott International manages and operates over 3,800 hotels under 18 brands around the world, including JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Courtyard by Marriott, Gaylord and Moxy, the company’s latest introduction.
In the MEA region, the company currently has a regional presence consisting of 42 properties in 12 countries, offering 12,237 rooms and spanning seven lodging brands, including JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Residence Inn by Marriott.
There are a further 48 announced properties scheduled to join Marriott International’s portfolio in the region through 2017, adding 11,567 rooms to the Marriott International system.
On a global scale, executives will be promoting the global portfolio, including: Autograph Collection, whereby each property is selected for its bold originality, rich character and uncommon details; and Renaissance Hotels, the brand that speaks to passionate travellers in search of local authentic experiences.
The mission will also highlight the 2013 introductions of both Gaylord, a destination focused heritage hotel brand and Moxy, which combines contemporary stylish design with an affordable price point.
On a regional level, focus points for discussion and promotion will be the company’s expansion in the Extended Stay segment, with its Residence Inn by Marriott and Marriott Executive Apartments brands.
The comprehensive two-week programme kicks off in Abu Dhabi on May 5, and culminates in Kuwait on May 21 seeking to empower the company’s sales force and develop strategic customer relationships across the region.
Coinciding with the Arabian Travel Market, this mission provides a platform to bring senior executives closer to customers for a unique networking opportunity, while updating them on the various events and promotions from Marriott International.
During the road show, executives will visit Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Bahrain, Doha and Kuwait in order to strengthen Marriott’s strategic relationships and grow Marriott International’s sales force.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport