Rosewood holds FAM trip for travel agents
Jeddah, May 6, 2013
Jeddah-based Rosewood Hotels and Resorts recently hosted a group of travel agents from Kuwait and Qatar who were visiting the Kingdom, on a five day familiarisation (FAM) trip.
Organised by Rosewood Corniche and its sister property Al Faisaliah, a Rosewood hotel in Riyadh, the FAM trip was designed specifically to promote the hotels’ services and facilities to agents selling travel packages to Saudi Arabia.
Agents from Al Shamel Travel, Mubasher Holidays, Villa Travel, Bab Ishtar Travels and Regency Travel were invited for the exclusive trip to Riyadh and Jeddah to experience first-hand the hotels’ quality accommodation, flawless service and culinary delicacies, a statement from the hotel said.
During their visit, the agents also toured the two cities’ main attractions including Al Di’riyadh, Masmak Fort, The National Museum in Riyadh, King Fahd’s fountain, Al-Balad, floating mosque, Makkah Gate, Biet Nassif and the Red Sea Mall in Jeddah.
Highlights of the trip included VIP arrival and drop off, along with a specially organised Umrah trip to Mecca in chauffeur-driven cars, followed by a lavish dinner at the rooftop pool located on the 17th floor of the Rosewood Corniche hotel.
The hotel also hosted a special media gathering at Chinese fare restaurant Noodles, attended by the travel agents along with Hans-Peter Leitzke, managing director of Rosewood Corniche, and Najeeb Zahid and Khalid Idrissi, regional directors of sales for the hotel.
“There is no better way for a travel agent to sell a destination to their clients than to experience it first hand for themselves,” said Erich Steinboch, managing director of Al Faisaliah and Al Khozama.
“The FAM trip was a good opportunity to let the agents experience the hotel along with other popular attractions in the city which will help them advice clients planning a trip to the Kingdom,” Peter-Leitzke said.
“The group enjoyed the trip and was very satisfied with the hotel’s quality and standards, and expressed their liking for Rosewood Corniche and the city of Jeddah. We plan to host more familiarisation trips in the future as this is a great way to promote the city and receive more visitors from the region.”
Situated on Jeddah’s Corniche, Rosewood Corniche is an ideal place for business and leisure travellers. The Jeddah Corniche runs parallel to the Red Sea for more than 32 kms and provides convenient access to the city’s business and leisure areas.
As the premier hotel in Jeddah, the Rosewood Corniche redefines modern elegance and offers unparalleled personal service and world-class amenities, including 24-hour butler service for each of the 127 guest rooms and suites. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares