Sheikh Maktoum inaugurates the 20th anniversary edition of ATM.
Region's biggest travel show opens in Dubai
Dubai, May 6, 2013
Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2013, the biggest travel and tourism event in the Middle East region, kicked off on Monday (May 6) in Dubai welcoming more than 3,000 exhibitors from 87 countries on its 20th anniversary.
Dubai Deputy Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum officially inaugurated the ATM in the presence of senior government officials, leaders of the regional and international travel industry as well as high-profile participants.
Cutting the ribbon to mark the opening of the 20th anniversary edition of the show, Sheikh Maktoum then toured the exhibition with Mark Walsh, portfolio director, Reed Travel Exhibitions, the event organisers along with various dignitaries as the four-day industry showcase got underway.
This year’s sell-out anniversary edition, which is taking place at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, will see exhibitors showcasing their products in an exhibition floor space covering more than 22,000 sq m.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall