Shaza to open 180-room hotel in Doha
Doha, May 6, 2013
Regional hospitality brand Shaza Hotels has signed an agreement to open a new 180-room property in Doha by the spring of 2016, said a senior official on the sidelines of Arabian Travel Market, which opened today in Duabi.
Announcing this on Monday, president and CEO Simon Coombs said, "Shaza aims to increases its portfolio across the region with projects in Amman, Dubai, Istanbul, Jeddah, Muscat and Riyadh, among others."
“Our vision is to create a unique brand for the region that celebrates its diverse cultures, while still delivering international standards of luxury,” he stated.
The 180-room Shaza Doha will be located in the cultural district close to the Souq Wafiq and Musuem of Islamic Art, and will feature the country’s first hotel art gallery integrated in to the lobby – it will also include a membership-only business club with restaurant, private meeting rooms, exclusive suites, cigar lounge and library plus three other restaurants, two ballrooms, media centre and signature Shalimar lounge.
In addition, there will be a deluxe Shaza Hammam & Spa plus a Kids’ Club that is expected to be the first of its kind in the region, based on the philosophy of the three “Es” -Entertainment, Exploration and Education for younger guests.
The new hotel will complement Shaza’s existing portfolio of nine hotel projects in operation or under development that includes the Shaza Al Madina, Shaza Cairo Nile, Shaza Doha, Shaza Fez, Shaza Al Rawdatain Karbala Residences, Shaza Marrakech, Shaza Salalah and Shaza Sarajevo.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall