Image: Christopher Parypa / Shutterstock.com
Emirates 2012 net profit surges 52 per cent
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Emirates, Dubai's flagship carrier, reported a 52 percent rise in 2012 net profit on Thursday as the fast-growing airline increased its fleet size and added more passengers.
Emirates, ranked fourth globally in terms of international passengers according to IATA, had a profit of Dh2.3 billion ($622 million) for the fiscal year ended March 31, up 52 percent from 2011. The airline had made of profit of Dh1.5 billion in 2011.
The airline reported its largest increase in capacity in its history last year, receiving 34 new aircraft, it said in the statement.
The world's largest customer of the Airbus A380 superjumbo said profits for the wider Emirates Group was Dh3.1 billion, including airline services arm, Dnata. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel