Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
New Delhi, May 16, 2013
Emirates Holidays, the tour-operating arm of Emirates airlines, and TUI India, the tour operating arm of Le Passage to India, have signed a memorandum under which TUI India will be the preferred agent for Emirates Holidays in India.
The MoU announced by Marc Bennett, divisional senior vice president - Emirates destinations & leisure management; Arjun Sharma, managing director, Le Passage to India; and Jeannette Linfoot, director of tour operations - new markets, TUI Travel, aims to provide customers with competitively-priced, quality holiday experiences.
To support the Emirates Holidays products, Le Passage to India will leverage its tour operating brand, TUI India, to further promote Emirates Holidays across India. With a focus on collaboration and innovation to drive the development of outbound tourism in the country, the partnership is the initial phase of a strategy aimed at exploring supply and distribution opportunities between the two companies.
"We are pleased to announce a new strategic partnership between TUI Travel and the Emirates Group. This exclusive agreement between TUI India and Emirates Holidays in India is just the start of many joint initiatives which will be forthcoming on a global basis. As two of the largest companies in the global travel sector, we see great advantage from leveraging the strength of both the Emirates Group and TUI Travel. To create opportunities and added value to our customers and our respective businesses," said Jeannette Linfoot, director of tour operations - new markets, TUI Travel.
"Our partnership with Emirates Holidays will combine the knowledge and expertise of both the companies to deliver quality holidays to Indian customers. This partnership will further drive the outbound industry in the country and we envisage setting new standards of quality products and services for the Indian traveller," said Arjun Sharma, managing director, Le Passage to India.
"India remains a key source market for Emirates Holidays - and our partnership with TUI India, is a testament to our continued commitment to present a wide range of holiday options to discerning Indian travellers. With this new collaboration, our aim is to provide the best possible holiday products, and the most memorable experiences across our vast network through Emirates," said Marc Bennett, divisional senior vice president, Emirates destination & leisure management.
Emirates Holidays has also launched an extensive offline and online marketing campaign, 'Hello Dubai' across key cities in India to promote Dubai as a destination. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard