British Airways celebrates Jordan return
Jordan, May 22, 2013
British Airways celebrated its successful return to Jordan six months ago, at a ceremony held at the British Embassy in Amman.
Following the integration of bmi into British Airways, October 2012 marked the official launch of British Airways in Jordan.
The event was hosted by British ambassador Jordan Peter Millett, and attended by British Airways executives, members of the media, and British Airways’ partners and customers.
The ambassador said: “We are very happy to see British Airways back in Jordan servicing customers with increased number of flights and improved service. This reflects confidence in the Jordanian market.”
Paolo De Renzis, area commercial manager for the Middle East and Central Asia, said: “We are very excited by the strong growth we have been seeing on the route. In fact, In order to better serve our customers and respond to their demands, we recently increased our Amman flights from seven per week to 11 per week for our summer schedule, which means that we added almost 3000 more seats per week.”
As part of the integration, the airline recently completed a refurbishment of all its A321 aircraft.
With its partners in the oneworld alliance, British Airways offers a global network of hundreds of destinations, seamless customer service, and shared benefits for frequent flyers. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry