Jazeera to take delivery of new Airbus A320
Kuwait, May 26, 2013
Jazeera Airways Group will be taking delivery of its brand new Airbus A320 aircraft early next month besides two other aircraft which are scheduled for delivery in the fourth quarter and in 2014.
This will bring the Jazeera's Airbus 320 fleet strength to 13, said a statement from the Kuwait-based airline.
The company has already taken delivery of 12 Airbus A320s from the manufacturer’s A320 facility in Toulouse, France since 2005 out of an order of 15 aircraft of the same type. The company’s remaining two aircraft are scheduled for delivery in Q4 of 2013 and 2014.
The Airbus A320 is the world’s best-selling aircraft. There are over 5,500 A320 aircraft in operation by airlines across the world and over 3,900 aircraft scheduled for delivery over the coming years.
The A320 single-aisle jetliner family is the world’s most eco-efficient single-aisle product line. It is used in a full range of services from very short-haul airline routes to intercontinental segments, said the statement.
Jazeera is a Kuwait Stock Exchange-listed company with a fleet of 12 fully-owned Airbus A320s, distributed between its airline business, Jazeera Airways (six aircraft), and its fully-owned leasing-arm Sahaab Aircraft Leasing (six aircraft).
Sahaab has assets placed with Virgin America, SriLankan Airlines, Nasair and Jazeera Airways.
Jazeera operates its six fully-owned Airbus A320s with a two-class cabin comprising a Business Class and an Economy Class. Business Class travelers get both an upgraded experience and exclusivity, starting with exclusive check-in lines, business lounge access, up to 60 kilograms in free baggage allowance, and an exclusive on-board cabin.
The airline’s Economy Class offers travelers free baggage allowance of 40 kilograms and free on-board meals with a changing menu every month.
Jazeera is based in Kuwait and serves 19 popular destinations in the Middle East from Kuwait comprising high-demand business, leisure, family, and weekend destinations such as Dubai, Bahrain, Beirut, Alexandria, Amman, Istanbul, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, Mashhad, Sohag, Jeddah, Riyadh, Cairo and Al Najaf.
Jazeera is an IATA-member airline and operates one of the youngest Airbus A320 fleets in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home