Kingdom Holding sells $40m Mauritius hotel stake
Riyadh, June 1, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding Company has sold its interest in the Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius hotel for SR150 million ($40 million), it said in a bourse statement on Saturday.
Its stake was bought by Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts, it said.
Kingdom Holding, the investment vehicle for billionaire Prince Alwaleed, will sell 20-30 hotels in the next two years while retaining ownership of its stake in major hotel management companies and in specific high-end hotels, Alwaleed told Reuters last month.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal