Etihad appoints new GM for Canada
Abu Dhabi, June 3, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has appointed James Harrison as its new general manager for Canada.
In his new role, Harrison will be based in Toronto, where he will be responsible for driving sales and further growing strong relationships with the airline’s trade and corporate partners.
Harrison most recently served as Etihad Airways’ global account manager for American Express, based in London.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer, said: “James has a wealth of experience in the travel industry and extensive knowledge of the corporate sector which will serve Etihad Airways well in Canada. With the recent announcement of our commercial co-operation agreement with Air Canada, now is an important time to strongly support the partnership and jointly develop the most seamless and convenient offering for travel between Canada, the UAE and beyond.”
Etihad Airways currently operates three flights per week to Abu Dhabi out of Toronto.
Harrison replaces Justin Gosling, who has taken up the position of general manager Commercial at equity alliance partner Air Seychelles. This move is part of a five-year management contract with Air Seychelles, in which Etihad Airways also has a 40 per cent equity stake.
Gosling worked with Etihad Airways in Canada for four years. He previously spent 20 years at Lufthansa in the UK, in North America with HRG Travel and as country manager Canada for Jet Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc