Qatar Airways to host next Iata AGM
Cape Town, June 4, 2013
Qatar Airways will host the 70th International Air Transport Association (Iata) Annual General Meeting (AGM) and World Air Transport Summit in Doha next year.
The event will draw the top leadership of the air transport industry to the country from June 1 to 3, 2014.
The Iata members accepted the invitation from Qatar Airways, at the close of the 69th Iata AGM, held in Cape Town this week.
“Qatar will be a fantastic location for the 70th Iata AGM. It is at the heart of the fast-growing and dynamic Middle East region. The government understands the power of aviation to drive economic growth and development. And the country’s approach to aviation is a beacon for our industry,” said Tony Tyler, Iata's director general and CEO.
This will be the fourth time that the Iata AGM will be hosted in the Middle East following AGMs in Amman, Jordan (1997), Tehran, Iran (1970) and Cairo, Egypt (1946). - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief