Dubai summer gala kicks off
Dubai, June 7, 2013
The 16th edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) campaign kicked off today, featuring big promotions at participating shopping malls, prizes worth $1.36 million and family-oriented entertainment, to run for the next 32 days.
Organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), DSS is the first instalment of three-month long Summer is Dubai campaign, said a report in the Gulf News.
The calendar of the DSS also includes Ramadan in Dubai and Eid in Dubai. Modhesh World, a major indoor theme park in the region, Kids Fashion Week, mall shows, theatrical presentations and concerts, among others form the agenda for the extravaganza.
“The success of Dubai in the summer shows the powerful attraction of Dubai as a truly year-round visitor destination,” Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, resident of Dubai Civil Aviation, chairman and CEO of Emirates airline and Group and Chairman of Dubai World was quoted in the report.
“We know that promoting Dubai in the summer has traditionally raised a few eyebrows and seen a skeptical response from some people. Indeed for some, it is almost as unusual as promoting the North Pole as a winter destination. But that is the beauty of Dubai: its ability to redefine what the word ‘impossible’ means,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc