Air Arabia to launch Armenia flights
Sharjah, June 10, 2013
Sharjah-based low-cost carrier (LCC) Air Arabia has announced plans to fly twice a week to Armenian city of Yerevan, starting from August 16.
Yerevan is Air Arabia’s fifth new route in 2013 and 86th worldwide from the carriers operating hubs in the UAE, Morocco and Egypt, said a sttaement from the airline.
Around three hours flight time from the UAE, Armenia’s diverse landscape comprises mountains, forests, lakes and waterfalls.
The ancient city of Yerevan is country’s capital and one of the world's oldest continuously-inhabited cities, offering a wide array of museums, parks, restaurants and sightseeing opportunities, it stated.
Flights will depart from Sharjah International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8.30am, arriving at Zvartnots International Airport at 11.15am. On return the flights will depart on the same days, leaving Yerevan at 12.35pm and arriving in Sharjah at 3.40pm (local time).
Commenting on the launch, Group CEO Adel Ali said Armenia is rapidly emerging as a must-visit destination for tourists seeking great culture and history alongside fantastic scenery and outdoor activities.
“Yerevan adds further strength to our already comprehensive network of destinations in Eastern Europe, and continues the rapid route expansion we have enjoyed since the beginning of the year,” he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares