Etihad launches Belgrade service
Abu Dhabi, June 15, 2013
UAE's national airline Etihad Airways said its maiden flight to Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, has landed on schedule at the city’s Nikola Tesla Airport on Saturday.
The Airbus A319 aircraft, flight EY71 from Abu Dhabi, touched down at 12.15pm and was welcomed with the traditional water cannon salute from airport fire engines.
Etihad now flies daily between Abu Dhabi and Belgrade, carrying the JU code of Serbian national carrier, JatAirways, said a statement from the Abu Dhabi carrier.
The flight EY 71 will take off daily from Abu Dhabi at 8.30am and land in Belgrade at 12.15pm, while on return EY 72 will leave Belgrade at 1.05pm and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 8.25pm, it stated.
The UAE airline said its co-operation with JatAirways continues to grow and the two airlines will (subject to government and regulatory approval) add their code to over 40 destinations across each other’s networks.
Etihad operates a two cabin Airbus A319 aircraft on the service between Abu Dhabi and Belgrade, configured to carry 106 passengers, with 16 seats in Pearl Business Class and 90 seats in Coral Economy Class, said the statement.
The aircraft was welcomed at the gate by Joost den Hartog, Etihad Airways’ VP for Europe, and Violeta Jovanovic, Belgrade airport chief financial officer.
They were joined by Captain Suliman Yaqoobi, chief A320 pilot at Etihad Airways, who operated the return flight to the UAE capital, and Aisha Al Mansoori, First Officer.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights