Jazeera grabs key ME market share
Kuwait, June 19, 2013
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways said it had once again grabbed significant market shares on routes serving Amman, Beirut, Bahrain, Dubai, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, and Sohag in April.
Jazeera was also the leader in on-time performance in the Mena region scoring 91 per cent as per a report by independent US-based OTP tracker FlightStats, said the airline in its April 2013 operational performance report issued today.
The April report, which presents market share figures based on official statistics from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA), showed that Jazeera had won a 38 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Beirut route, a 15 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Dubai route, and a 10 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Bahrain route.
The budget carrier saw an increase in passenger numbers on the Kuwait-Dubai and Kuwait-Jeddah routes, with a 6 per cent and 8 per cent increase respectively compared to April 2012.
Jazeera Airways was also the leading airline on the Kuwait-Amman route capturing a 44 per cent market share, with an increase of 20 per cent in passenger numbers on the route compared to last year, said the airline in its statement.
On the Egyptian routes, the airline saw an increase of 27 per cent in passenger numbers on the Kuwait-Sharm El Sheikh route compared to the same period last year, 6 per cent on the Kuwait-Assiut route, 47 per cent on the Kuwait-Luxor route, and 39 per cent on the Kuwait-Sohag route.
Jazeera was the leading airline serving Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, and Sohag with a 62 per cent, 53 per cent, 72 per cent and 54 per cent market share respectively, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador