Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
Muscat, June 20, 2013
Bank Nizwa, a leading Islamic bank in Oman, recently signed a memorandum of understanding with Bahwan Travel Agencies (BTA) towards offering a Sharia compliant travel finance solution.
Customers can avail of the offer on holiday tickets to many destinations to a value equal to or in excess of RO2,500 ($6,475), a statement said.
Tariq Al Farsi, GM Retail, Bank Nizwa said: “With the holy month of Ramadan approaching many of our customers are preparing to go for Umrah. We are delighted to have partnered with BTA to make financing this trip a little easier.
“The world is an exciting place and we hope to make it a little bit more accessible to both our customers and the customers of BTA. It has never been easier for customers to jet off to their destination of choice.”
Shankar Bose, GM, Bahwan Travel Agencies, said: “We are both leaders in our field, dedicated to providing our customers with quality services. Together, we will ensure that the people of Oman have access to quality holidays which are Sharia compliant.”
Customers can book their holiday quickly and conveniently by filling out a personal finance application form and presenting it to Bank Nizwa along with a quotation from BTA with the amount of the travel package required, the statement said.
Once approved, the bank will purchase the package on the customers’ behalf and Bank Nizwa will offer its customers special rates on all services utilised from BTA. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador