BAC inks deal to boost aviation security
Paris, June 23, 2013
The Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Morpho, a high-technology company in the Safran group, for cooperation in the field of aviation security.
The agreement was signed by the chairman and CEO of Morpho, Jean-Paul Jainksy, and Waleed Fakhro, manager – Aviation Marketing of BAC.
The MoU establishes the framework of a two-phase project involving Morpho’s participation in the 2014 Bahrain Air Show and the operational testing and evaluation of MorphoPass by Bahrain Airport Company.
Under the terms of the agreement, Morpho will participate in the 2014 Bahrain Air Show during which the company will showcase a selection of advanced security solutions.
The second phase of the project involves the deployment of a six-month pilot program for the operational testing and evaluation of MorphoPass, Morpho’s integrated airport checkpoint solution, at Bahrain International Airport.
MorphoPass is an “all in one” solution for secure passenger processing. It is designed to deliver enhanced security while improving efficiency and passenger facilitation.
“Bahrain Airport Company is proud to work closely with Morpho to demonstrate their latest aviation security solution MorphoPass at Bahrain International Airport,” said Mohamed Yousif Al Binfalah, CEO of BAC.
“This pilot project demonstrates our commitment to consider leading edge security solutions that can further the safety and security measures at Bahrain International Airport. We are also happy to see that MorphoPass will be showcased through the highly anticipated 2014 Bahrain Airshow which will be held next January.”
"We are honored by this opportunity to collaborate with Bahrain transport authorities in heightening security and facilitation at Bahrain International Airport" said Jainsky.
"After unveiling MorphoPass at the Paris Air Show, we are particularly proud to announce this first trial of the solution. With solutions deployed at major airports throughout the world, Morpho constantly innovates to help meet aviation security's toughest challenges." – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely