Emirates invites artwork for Skywards’ cards
Dubai, July 1, 2013
Dubai-based airline Emirates has invited emerging artists to submit artwork for its frequent flyer programme Skywards’ 2014 membership cards.
The Emirates Skywards’ Future Artists Competition is open to artwork across three broad media categories: photography/digital media, painting/illustration, and 3D (sculpture, ceramic and glass).
Four winning entries will be chosen, one for each tier of Emirates Skywards membership. Winning artwork will be featured on the membership cards.
In addition, the artists of the winning artworks will receive an award $5,000 and their selected artwork will be featured in supporting online and offline communications and promotional material.
Brian LaBelle, senior vice president, said: “By seeking out undiscovered talent, be it self-taught, art students or even experienced individuals who have not yet achieved their artistic aspirations, the competition engages the Emirates Skywards community by not only introducing them to these talented new artists but also allows them to vote for their favourite artwork; giving them a voice in design of their membership cards each year.”
The competition is now open for submissions and all entries must be submitted by July 23. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn