Abu Dhabi airport lounge voted best in Mideast
Abu Dhabi, July 1, 2013
About 60,000 Priority Pass members voted the Al Dhabi Lounge at Abu Dhabi International Airport as the best airport lounge in the region.
Priority Pass provides frequent travellers a membership and access to over 600 airport lounges worldwide.
The members voted based on their experiences of the programme’s lounges globally and against a set of criteria for lounge quality including refreshments, staff, business facilities and overall ambience, said a statement.
Mohammed Al Bulooki, chief commercial officer of Abu Dhabi Airports Company, said: “Winning this award confirms that Adac’s efforts to attain excellence in all its services and offerings are heading towards achieving the company’s vision of becoming one of the world‘s leading airport groups."
“The team’s aim is to exceed guests' expectations by delivering a remarkable and personalised service,” he said.
There were nine winners in the Priority Pass 2013 Lounge of the Year Awards and the overall global award went to the Pau Casals VIP lounge at Barcelona’s El Prat airport in Spain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home