Dubai to offer unique Ramadan experience
Dubai, July 9, 2013
Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) is gearing up for the launch of the third successive ‘Ramadan in Dubai’aimed at enlightening visitors with a unique cultural and spiritual experience.
Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, an agency of the DTCM said ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ will transform the city, a melting pot of cultures, into a hub for Islamic, community, social and cultural activities that will focus on the Islamic values of compassion, giving and sharing.
‘Ramadan in Dubai’” will also provide people of different cultural backgrounds a valuable insight into Emirati hospitality, traditions and culture, the agency stated.
The second stage of its “Summer is Dubai” campaign is aimed at positioning Dubai as the No.1 family tourism destination through a number of traditional and cultural activities inspired by the spirit and values of the Holy Month, it added.
One of the main events of ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ is the Dubai International Holy Quran Award starting from 1- 20 Ramadan, which is an annual award given for memorization of the Quran sponsored by the Government of Dubai. Dubai International Holy Quran Award will also feature a series of lectures highlighting Islamic values.
The DTCM will be also be organising the 12th Ramadan Forum from July 12 to 23 at Dubai World Trade Centre, featuring an inspirational line-up of educational and community activities, training workshops, and lectures by Islamic scholars in Arabic, English, Tagalog, Malayalam and Urdu.
Modhesh World, the region’s largest indoor family edutainment venue, will be open throughout ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ and beyond till August 28 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Modhesh World will be open during Ramadan from 12pm to midnight on all days expect Fridays, when it will be open from 5pm to midnight.
Visitors to Dubai will walk into a welcoming ambience right from the time they step off at Dubai International Airport with the attractive décor across the city capturing the essence of Ramadan.
Several leading hotels and other public places will be hosting Ramadan tents for those wishing to break their fast at Iftar, as well as having meals during Sohour, it stated.
Visitors can continue to avail themselves of attractive discounts of up to 75 per cent that are being offered by participating malls and over 6,000 retail outlets in Dubai.
During ‘Ramadan in Dubai’, shoppers spending Dh200 at a participating mall are entitled to participate in the “Summer is Dubai” Eid promotion to win a total of Dh1 million worth of gold and Dh1 million worth of scratch and win gift vouchers.
An ‘End of Season’ promotion will offer a grand prize of Dh1 million with the millionaire raffle draw being scheduled for September 7, said the statement from DTCM.
In addition to making Ramadan shopping an enriching experience, leading hotels will also be offering family packages including one that allows children Under 12 to stay for free, it stated.
The largest ever indoor sports festival, Dubai Sports World at Dubai World Trade Centre will offer sports enthusiasts of all ages to enjoy an unrivalled experience within a purpose built multi-sport arena throughout Ramadan till August 21, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas