Travelport, Singapore Airlines extend content deal
Dubai/Singapore, July 25, 2013
Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, and Singapore Airlines have extended global content agreement, offering new opportunities for travel agents.
The agreement provides Travelport-connected travel agents worldwide access to Singapore Airlines’ full range of market fares. Singapore Airlines will also leverage Travelport’s functionalities to benefit travel agents by improving efficiencies when making and changing airline bookings.
“Singapore Airlines is a world leading airline carrier and we are delighted to extend our agreement with them in order to maximise their reach to global travellers by incorporating Travelport’s leading technology. This new agreement is also a win for our travel agency partners who we are committed to delivering unrivalled content and improving efficiencies wherever possible,” said Damian Hickey, vice president of global distribution sales and services, Asia-Pacific, Travelport.
Travelport now connects its travel agency subscribers worldwide to more than 430 airlines. Recent content agreements within the Asia-Pacific region include Virgin Australia, Scoot, Qantas, Air China, China Southern and China Eastern Airlines. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain