Doha airport alert on parking shortage
Doha, August 6, 2013
Doha International Airport (DIA) has advised passengers to rethink their transportation to and from the arrivals terminals, especially during the upcoming Eid holidays.
The airport’s Arrivals terminal is experiencing a parking shortage from the partial closure of the existing parking area to make way for the planned development of the new metro system by Qatar Rail Development.
“We understand the inconveniences that our customers and the public are experiencing with parking at the Arrival Terminal,” said Patrick Muller, executive vice president.
“The partial closure is necessary as development of the new metro rail continues. So we are advising passengers to consider taxis and limousines as more efficient means of getting to and from the airport during this period.”
In anticipation of the closure, DIA began constructing a two-storey parking facility in July to be located at its Arrivals Terminal. The new facility will address the parking congestion and is expected to be ready by October.
Part of the project will include the creation of a dedicated pick up zone in front of the Arrival Terminal with 65 pickup positions available for public use.
“These inconveniences are temporary and are part of a greater, collective effort to develop the country’s infrastructure in line with its growing economy,” said Muller.
“The end result will benefit all residents of Qatar and we thank the public for their patience,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction