Gulf Air tops global ranking for punctuality
Manama, August 7, 2013
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has been ranked first among major global airlines for on-time-punctuality for July, a report said.
Statistics released by FlightStats Data, an independent provider of flight information services, showed that Gulf Air registered an on-time-punctuality of 93.04 per cent for the arrival and departure of its flights within 15 minutes of schedule in July, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"A core element of Gulf Air's restructuring strategy is improving all aspects of our service including our flight punctuality," said Gulf Air acting chief executive Maher Al Musallam.
"During the last six months, our on-time-punctuality increased by close to 4 per cent compared to last year.
"This was reflected during this period by the on-time or early arrival of over 20,000 Gulf Air flights that safely delivered our passengers to their preferred destinations.
"A number of the airline's divisions are involved in ensuring Gulf Air's high level of on-time-performance, specifically, the operations, ground services and engineering departments and it is rewarding to see their efforts paying off," he said.
"We look forward to maintaining this excellent record going forward," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria