VisitBritain makes tourists’ trip 'enjoyable'
Dubai, August 7, 2013
VisitBritain Shop, the official online retail outlet for the national tourism agency, provides international tourists with everything they need to make their trip to Britain as enjoyable as possible.
The shop has partnered with leading brands in the business, including Merlin Entertainment, Historic Royal Palaces and National Trust along with tour providers, Transport for London and some of the most popular tourist attractions across the country, to provide inforamtion services for tourists.
It comprises 13 portals in seven languages including English, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Japanese which is managed by a centralised team of native speakers in its London office.
The retail operation, with an £11 million ($16.9 million) plus annual turnover, operates across nine currencies to allow ease of payment around the world including Pound Sterling, Euro, Yen, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swedish Krona, Danish Krone and Norwegian Krone.
The shop sells products which serve all parts of the country with Britain-wide train passes, attraction tickets, tours, cross country sport and event tickets, sightseeing passes, souvenirs and travel essentials.
Jaco Coetzee, head of Retail, said: “The VisitBritain shop is a site international customers can trust. Our tickets enable visitors to jump queues at various attractions and therefore spend the saved time doing exactly what they’ve come here to do – explore Britain.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official