Record number of travellers at Doha airport
Doha, August 10, 2013
Doha International Airport (DIA) has experienced a record number of travellers departing from and transiting through the airport during the first days of the Eid holiday period.
“Over 250,000 passengers are expected to depart from DIA during the Eid holiday week, making this one of the busiest weeks of the year to date,” said DIA spokesperson Abdulaziz Abdulla Al-Mass.
In 2012, passenger figures at DIA grew 16.87 per cent compared with 15.16 per cent in 2011. The airport catered to more than 21 million passengers during 2012 and the number of passengers passing through DIA in 2013 is expected to grow significantly.
Doha International Airport has placed additional staff in the departures and arrival terminals and opened more check-in counters to reduce queues.- TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc