Gulf Air to operate from new Chennai terminal
Manama, August 14, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain's national carrier, has transferred all its departing and arriving flights from Chennai to the new international Terminal 2 at Chennai's International Airport effective from today (August 14).
The new international terminal, which is located in the existing airport, features all new facilities including check-in desks, duty-free shops, food and beverage outlets and lounges, providing an enhanced and more seamless experience for Gulf Air's customers travelling to and from Chennai, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We are delighted to have transferred our operations to the new international terminal at Chennai airport," Gulf Air's country manager for India Abdul Hussain Abdul Rahman said.
"The state-of-the-art facilities as well as the variety of duty-free shops and food and beverage outlets will make our passengers' travel experience more enjoyable," he added.
Gulf Air first started flying to Chennai in 1993 and today operates 10 weekly flights between Chennai and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry