Gulf Air to operate from new Chennai terminal
Manama, August 14, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain's national carrier, has transferred all its departing and arriving flights from Chennai to the new international Terminal 2 at Chennai's International Airport effective from today (August 14).
The new international terminal, which is located in the existing airport, features all new facilities including check-in desks, duty-free shops, food and beverage outlets and lounges, providing an enhanced and more seamless experience for Gulf Air's customers travelling to and from Chennai, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We are delighted to have transferred our operations to the new international terminal at Chennai airport," Gulf Air's country manager for India Abdul Hussain Abdul Rahman said.
"The state-of-the-art facilities as well as the variety of duty-free shops and food and beverage outlets will make our passengers' travel experience more enjoyable," he added.
Gulf Air first started flying to Chennai in 1993 and today operates 10 weekly flights between Chennai and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Hilton opens first Makkah hotel tower
- Movenpick offers limousines with wifi