BA appoints news sales manager
Amman, August 19, 2013
British Airways has appointed Mike Rock as the new sales manager for Central Asia and the Levant, consolidating the airline’s commitment to the region following its return to Jordan.
As part of his new role, Rock will be managing the British Airways sales teams across Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Jordan, overseeing sales and supporting the airline’s growth in the region.
As sales manager for the region, Mike will be responsible for developing tailored solutions for corporate travellers, special sales offers for the region, while at the same time building the airline’s relationship with local travel agent partners.
Paolo de Renzis, area commercial manager for the Middle East and Central Asia, said: “Mike’s experience serving as commercial implementation manager for Europe and Africa, as well as Korea, means that he brings extensive knowledge of British Airways’ commercial operations from across our network.
“Our Amman flights are doing very well and with the region presenting a large growth opportunity for British Airways, there couldn’t be a better time for Mike to join the team.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers