Tourism summer camp begins in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, August 20, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s annual Tourism Youth Summer Camp series has got under way with over 60 Emirati students, aged between 15 and 17.
The three-week programme has been organised by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Dhabi) in conjunction with the European International College (EIC).
The students, a mix of both boys and girls, will take part in workshops designed to boost their awareness of the tourism industry and its economic, social and environmental impacts; embark on field trips to better acquaint them with Abu Dhabi’s expanding tourism offering and participate in team building exercises to develop their interpersonal skills.
“You are the next generation of tourism ambassadors for Abu Dhabi,” the youngsters were told by TCA Abu Dhabi’s Fatima Al Mehli, industry awareness executive.
“During the coming weeks you’ll discover the breadth and outreach of the tourism industry and the future career paths open to you. Please make the most of this opportunity to learn and to also have fun in what should be an unforgettable and enriching summer.”
Among the field trips scheduled are fact-finding visits to Yas Island’s assets, tours of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Zayed Centre, Abu Dhabi Pearl Journey, the St. Regis Saadiyat Island and the Manarat Al Saadiyat exhibition centre. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc