Etihad launches Arabic Twitter account
Abu Dhabi, September 2, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has launched a new Arabic Twitter account to engage with the Arabic-speaking community.
Twitter users that read Arabic can now stay up-to-date with the airline’s latest activities by searching and following @EtihadAirwaysAR on Twitter, a statement said.
The new account is one of the first Twitter accounts in the airline industry solely dedicated to tweeting in the Arabic language.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “We look forward to providing Arabic-speaking fans with tailored information consisting of latest news, exclusive offers and competitions on our new Arabic Twitter account.
“Etihad Airways is committed to Arabic-speaking audiences across its variety of communication channels. We encourage Twitter followers to ask questions in Arabic through the new Twitter account where an online customer service team will offer assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
The airline’s existing Arabic Facebook page has already attained close to 60,000 global fans, making it the airline industry’s most popular Facebook page to post updates in Arabic only. This offering is now being extended to Twitter.
Etihad Airways has over 714,000 fans across all its Arabic and English social media channels, consisting of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc