Nasair gets new “Sharklet” A320s
Riyadh, September 4, 2013
Nasair, a leading low-cost airline in Saudi Arabia, said it has received four additional Airbus A320 aircraft with 'Sharklet' specifications, thus becoming the third carrier in the Middle East to receive this type of aircraft.
Announcing this on Wednesday, CEO Raja Azmi said: “To date, nasair has received 8 A320s from a total of 10 scheduled to be delivered this year.
These new aircraft were immediately put into service, as part of the company’s direction to expand its fleet and network to remain the airline of choice for passengers inside and outside the Kingdom.”
"We are pleased that nasair is the third airline in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia to operate this type of aircraft which is equipped with the latest Winglet technology “Sharklet”. This aircraft is designed to reduce both fuel consumption and carbon emissions,” he added.
Established in 2007, nasair has carried more than 12 million passengers since its launch, thus demonstrating customer confidence during a very short time. The airline operates more than 950 per week via more than 88 domestic and international routes..-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments