Qatar Airways in key BA partnership deal
Doha, September 9, 2013
Qatar Airways has announced an immediate partnership with British Airways (BA) between the airlines' frequent flyer programmes, said a report.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club members and British Airways Executive Club members are now able to earn miles, and can begin redeeming miles as of October 1 on each other's flights.
"The benefit partnering with British Airways brings to our customers is the added opportunity to earn Qmiles," said Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"The Frequent Flyer Programme partnership also give British Airways customers an opportunity to attain credit for destinations throughout the entire Qatar Airways network," stated Al Baker.
"Passengers for both airline travelling to and from the UK, Africa, Australia and Asia now have more flexibility and frequency when they route trip through Doha as Qatar Airways flies five flights daily to London Heathrow Airport," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai